Highly durable, slot-punched contactless smart card
HID Global’s Seos® Clamshell is a highly durable credential that delivers the same level of security as a smart card while featuring a slot punch to enable convenient deployment. The Seos® Clamshell is powered by Seos credential technology, which provides enhanced security, privacy protections, and functionality.
- Highly secure – Seos is Secure Identity Object™ (SIO®)-enabled, allowing for multi-layered security beyond the card technology and protecting identity data from unauthorized access.
- Certified – Based on Common Criteria (CC) EAL 5+ hardware platform, ensuring a clear chain of evidence that the platform’s security attributes have been rigorously tested and independently verified.
- Robust durability – All the power of Seos technology packed into a sturdy ABS shell construction that provides superior protection in harsh environments.
- Slot-punched – Simply attach to a lanyard with ease for swift deployment, no plastic cardholders needed.
- Convenient – Fully supported by HID® Signo™, iCLASS SE® and multiCLASS SE® reader platforms.
- Heightened privacy protection – Seos offers best-in-class data and privacy protection by incorporating mutual authentication and secure messaging mechanisms into stringent best practices for data protection.
Operating frequency 13.56 MHz Communication Protocol Compliance ISO14443A-4 Communication Speed Up to 848kbps Memory Type EEPROM Memory size 8 KBytes Multiple Applications Support Yes (using Open Data Profile) SIO Data Object Support Yes (Enabled by default) HID Formats Support Yes (wrapped in SIO) Write Endurance/Data Retention Min. 500,000 cycles / 10 years Typical Transaction Time Data size dependent Extended Privacy Support Yes Security Features Mutual authentication (compliant to ISO/IEC 24727-3), key diversification (based on NIST SP800-108 using AES 128), secure messaging (compliant to EN14890-1:2009). Session key derivation based on NIST SP 800-56A. Security Certification Common Criteria (CC) EAL 5+ HW certified platform UID Random UID (default), 7 byte static UID (optional, not recommended) Card Construction Ultrasonically welded ABS shell with matt PVC label Weight 0.24 oz (6.8g) Operating temperature -13° F to 185° F (-25° C to + 85° C) Storage temperature -13° F to 185° F (-25° C to + 85° C) for 1000h Thermal shock -31° F to 185° F (-35° C to + 85° C) 100 cycles (soaking time 5 min, transition time 30 s)