Everyone wants their business to be as secure and protected as possible. This is why many companies layer their security measures, hiring skilled guards on top of investing in a range of devices to prevent theft, vandalism, and unauthorized access.
Nowadays, turnstiles are used as an effective countermeasure to secure different areas. They can often be seen at airports, corporate buildings, and train stations. With the features of more recent models, like biometric scanning, these devices have become more important than ever.
If you’re wondering, “what are turnstiles?” Internet of Things Philippines Inc. can help you. We will detail how these devices can benefit you and the different types available on the market. Read on to learn more.
What Exactly Are Turnstiles?
Turnstiles are an important part of any security system. Since they are the point at which people enter or exit a building, they are essentially the first line of defense you have against intruders. These devices typically come in many different forms and sizes, depending on their purpose or application.
Some of the most common ones you can find are:
- Tripod Turnstiles – If you’re looking for a way to keep the crowds in check, tripod turnstiles are a great option. They have three arms that rotate around a central point, allowing only one person to pass through at a time.
- Full-Height Turnstiles – A full-height turnstile has mechanical rotating barriers that can be installed on either side of the opening. Although they tend to be more expensive than half-height models, their functionality makes them worth the extra cost.
- Drop-Arm Turnstiles – If you’re looking for a turnstile that’s easy to install and can fit into smaller spaces, this is an excellent option you can consider. Drop-arm turnstiles have a single arm that quickly pivots into the cabinet to allow entry.
- Flap Gates – Mainly used for pedestrian access control management, flap barrier gates are also called blocking gates or flap barrier turnstiles. They are usually made of steel or high-strength material and have a vertical sliding door with two panels that swing open.
- Slide Gates – Slide gates are sometimes equipped with full-height vertical wings that allow passage by retracting the wings into the casings. Depending on the model you get, these gates can be opened manually or automatically.
What Can Security Turnstiles Do?
Now that we’ve answered the question, “what is a turnstile gate?” here are a few things these security devices can help you with:
Bar Unauthorized People From Entering the Facility
Turnstiles are an effective way to keep unauthorized people out of your facility. These devices are easy to use, so you won’t have to worry about your security guards, employees, or guests having trouble with them. Plus, most models have a sleek and minimalist design, which suits nearly any environment.
If you want to take things further, you can pair turnstiles with video surveillance. Security cameras help you monitor who enters and exits your building at any given time. They can also be used as a deterrent against vandalism or theft by recording footage of suspicious activity occurring within the facility.
Be Integrated With Your Existing Access Control System
Integrating your turnstiles with your existing system is the first step to maximizing them. This will allow for the consolidation of all security features, including those for access control and emergency exit doors, into one single solution. Once you have integrated these systems, you can create an entire security plan that includes both physical and electronic barriers.
You can also use card readers and biometric devices alongside turnstiles to create a safer and more efficient system. The former requires people to swipe cards used as access control devices. On the other hand, the latter is used to identify someone based on the unique identifying characteristics of their body, such as fingerprints or facial features.
Help Monitor Attendance
Lastly, turnstiles can also be used to monitor attendance in a venue. Many arenas, amusement parks, and sports venues use these devices to accurately measure how many people are in their facilities and ascertain times of peak traffic. The data garnered by access control turnstiles are vital since you can utilize them to determine when guards should be more vigilant and find ways to improve crowd control.
If your space allows it, you can consider utilizing your turnstiles alongside visitor management systems. This solution can help you enhance your registration process, all while screening and tracking walk-in visitors on your property. The self-service kiosks it usually comes with will even improve your guests’ experiences, helping them navigate the building.
How Can You Install Turnstiles?
You can easily install turnstiles on your property with the help of professionals. Although you always have the option to do it yourself, you may end up ruining the paint or damaging the frame as you figure things out on your own. This can end with you spending more than you need to.
At Internet of Things Philippines Inc., we can help you install security turnstiles in your office building. Our team has years of experience, and we can provide you with valuable insights regarding which model may be best for you. Feel free to get in touch with us today for more information.
The turnstile is a great security measure for any company, but it’s especially effective in limiting the access of large groups of people entering at once. These are usually found at the entrance or exit of government buildings, city halls, and large corporate offices. They are affordable, simple, and easy to set up. Furthermore, they can be used as part of a larger security system, adding more safety features to your establishment.
Reach out to Internet of Things Philippines Inc. to learn more about these products. We can help answer all your questions, from “what are turnstiles?” to “how would they benefit my company?” Browse through our product catalog now!